First Article Inspection
Made to Measure can help you with FAI and your PPAP so your components can be confidently manufactured
Whether you call it prototype inspection, Full Dimensional Layout, Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), AQQP, Annuals, or First Article Inspection (FAI/FAIR), the dimensional verification is essential for all companies, big and small, involved in manufacturing.
How Made to Measure Improves Products and Production
We can save you significant time and money by catching errors before components enter/re-enter production. We’ll spot anything outside of your specifications, helping you create a dimensionally-tolerant product that can pass any PPAP/AQQP, no matter how difficult.
- Our ASME, GD&T, AUKOM Certified Metrologists are experienced at finding the best solutions to fit your project needs.
- We work closely with our customers, to ensure projects progress and evolve as needed
- We use only highly-accurate, ISO 10360 calibrated CMMs
- Our Metrologists are some of the most highly educated and trained in the industry, required to attend a rigorous training schedule.
- We produce powerful, easy to read PPAP and FAI reports, which can be customized to fit your reporting format
Our Certified Metrologists will thoroughly review your prints and models, determine the best measurement strategies and provide you with valuable feedback including suggestions for enhancements, if discovered, like dimensional feasibility and datum structure.
We can also prepare for your FAI far in advance. By preprogramming your project, we can be ready as soon as your components arrive, providing inspection reports within days and maintaining your tight timelines.
We’re Ready When You Need Us!
The Made to Measure Difference
- Made to Measure – Performing dimensional inspection for over 35 years
- Over 150 years of combined experience.
- ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
- ITAR Registered; Adherence to all ITAR policies and protocols including ITAR approved file sharing
- 15 high accuracy CMM’s with measurement capabilities up to 200” x 110” x 75”,
- 3 Vision Measurement Machines (VMM); magnification up to 256x
- Portable and CMM-mounted 3D Laser Scanning
What you’ll receive from Made to Measure:
At the end of the First Article Inspection we’ll send you the following:
- Standard Offering:
- Ballooned part drawings
- Confirmed measured characteristics/dimensional results
- Equipment used to perform FAI
- Metrologist in charge of FAI
- When Requested:
- Specialized forms like:
- AS9102, AS9137, or ARP9137
- Gage R&R
- Process Capability Study (CP/CPK)
- Correlation Study
- Pictures/Video of inspection
- Specialized forms like:
What we need to provide you a FAI quote
Our Metrologists and estimators prefer to have a thorough understanding of the project whenever possible. While a quote can be developed with just a drawing, they always benefit from 3D drawings, physical parts, and an identified datum structure.
- 2D Drawing
- 3D Model (if available)
- Quantity of components to be measured
- Measurement requirements
Contact us today to discuss your project!
847-851-1160 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Made to Measure has inspected:
- Medical Devices
- Martini Glasses
- Engine Blocks
- Car floor mats
- Medical Components
- Writing Pens & Markers
- Precision Hand tools
- Trash Cans
- Gun Barrels
- Aircraft Wheels
- Plastic Injection Parts
- Fry Baskets
- Colored Pencils
- Dental Instruments
- Automotive Consoles
- Aerospace Hydraulic Pumps
- Orthopedic Implants
- Bone Saws
- Chapstick Housings
- High-Precision Defense Parts
- & so much more!
View this post on Instagram
Request a FAI Quote today!
Fill out the form below for a free no-obligation quote on your next inspection project. We’re here to help!