Careers with Made to Measure
Are you interested in a career in metrology? Made to Measure is always looking to add quality team members to our expert group of metrologists. When you join our diverse team of quality control experts, you’ll dive head-first into every facet of manufacturing. Our laboratory is an open and flexible environment where you will learn how to become an expert metrologist through our extensive training programs.
Job Description—Associate Metrologist (CMM Programmer)
Made To Measure—The leader in Metrology. Join our dynamic quality team and be exposed to every corner of manufacturing. Our laboratory is an open flexible environment. We offer the best training there is in the metrology world.
At Made to Measure, fulfillment of these duties and responsibilities rest upon the Metrologist. Metrology Associate (Level 1) reports to the Team Leader (mentor) and is responsible for measuring parts using hand tools, Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs), laser systems, and Vision Measuring Machines (VMMs). Interprets drawings per applicable ASME, ISO or Customer‘s standards.
This position works under moderate to high level of supervision and seeks direction/guidance on difficult problems.
This is a full-time, experienced or an entry-level, with experience, will-train position. Limited travel may be required. ANY CMM and VMM software is available at Made to Measure.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Completing dimensional inspection projects per drawings, work instructions and the Made to Measure standard.
- Ballooning drawings and setting-up Inspection Reports per Made to Measure standard.
- Identifying and using the most appropriate inspection method for assigned projects.
- Fixturing parts for CMM inspection per standard practices.
- Running programs on CMMs and VMMs.
- Inspecting parts on Coordinate Measuring Machines with tactile sensors per Made to Measure standards.
- Competently interpreting drawings, specifications per applicable standards (GD&T – ASME and ISO).
- Reporting measurement results in an unambiguous and easy to understand manner per Made to Measure standard.
- Incorporating error proofing and mistake proofing within the processes.
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, an Associate Degree, or a Certificate in Quality is preferred (ASQ, AUKOM). In lieu of degree, minimum 2 years experience in quality control, dimensional inspection or solid modeling required.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel. Coordinate metrology experience and working knowledge of CMM software: ANY CMM software knowledge is acceptable.
- Knowledge and experience of Calypso, CMM Manager, MCOSMOS, PCDMIS, MODUS, Polyworks, Verisurf, CMM Manager, VDMIS CMM, or Micro-Vu In-Spec or other VMM software is a plus.
- CAD/solid modeling experience is a plus. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Self-motivation and ability to complete projects with strict guidelines. Proficiency to capture important data, analyze data and report appropriate conclusions: able to identify and address the critical few.
Relationships/Contacts Daily Contacts
- Director of Metrology & Quality Manager.
- Reports to Level 2 & 3 Metrologist.
Pay & Benefits
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 an hour
- Flexible schedule
- Lots of PTO
We encourage you to upload your resume below or take a look at our available positions on Indeed.